Manage episode 360667595 series 2609669
Kirin Sinha never wanted to run a startup. She was on a secure path in academics when her research into augmented reality (AR) showed her a vision of the future. So, at 25 years old, Sinha launched Illumix, an AR technology and media company focused on developing immersive experiences for mobile. To date, Illumix has secured $31M in venture capital funding, including investment from acclaimed director Michael Bay. In this episode, you’ll learn how to invest in the metaverse and lead a business with a vision toward the future.
Listen to Nathan and Kirin discuss:
- Why Illumix is “metaverse insurance”
- How Star Wars inspired her research
- Getting accepted into Disney’s accelerator
- Creating a Fright Night at Freddy’s prototype
- The hype cycle around the metaverse
- Why you should invest in 3D assets over 2D
- How digital twins can help ecommerce businesses
- How director Michael Bay became an investor
- Why she thinks of fundraising as dating
- Framing goal setting as learning
- Why you should give your opinion last
- And much more metaverse business advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
Speak with our friendly course experts to get clarity on the next steps for your idea, business or career. You will get tailored insights from results achieved by our proven practitioners as well as thousands of students. Book a call now...
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: