Manage episode 343346560 series 62727
33 years ago, Brian Scudamore was sitting in a McDonald’s drive-thru when he saw his future–a beat-up pickup truck filled with junk. Scudamore started a junk-hauling business to pay for college, but what was supposed to fund his education ended up inspiring him to drop out. Today, Scudamore’s transformed his junk hauling side hustle, 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, into a North American franchise business worth $600M. People told Scudamore that it was impossible to franchise his business, but he’s proven them wrong by expanding his model into other brands like WOW 1 DAY PAINTING and Shack Shine.
Listen to Brian and Nathan discuss:
- Rebranding his business name to 1-800-GOT-JUNK?
- Transitioning from a corporate to a franchise business
- Expanding his model into WOW 1 DAY PAINTING and Shack Shine
- How “The CEO Whisperer” Cameron Herold helped scale the business
- The 3 types of entrepreneurship paths
- The compounding growth of franchise businesses
- His new book BYOB: Build Your Own Business, Be Your Own Boss
- What Shaq taught him about franchising
- And much more franchise business advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
Speak with our friendly course experts to get clarity on the next steps for your idea, business or career. You will get tailored insights from results achieved by our proven practitioners as well as thousands of students. Book a call now...
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: