Manage episode 380179576 series 3489912
When you see a hurdle, don't run from it. Run at it, and figure out how to clear it, because every case has a lot of hurdles.
In this episode of Trial Lawyers University, Dan Ambrose is joined by legendary trial lawyer and the defense’s worst nightmare, Keith Mitnick. Keith is a Senior Trial Lawyer for Morgan & Morgan. He has handled many high profile cases and has been interviewed by Mike Wallace on 60 Minutes. Over the years, his list of clients have included judges, elected officials, law firms, and world famous musicians.
Tune in as Dan and Keith discuss the power of framing in persuading the jury, effective strategies for negotiating high-low agreements with defense counsel, how to use the fear you feel during a case to motivate your trial success, and why finding “equilibrium” is key to being a champion trial lawyer. And what’s the one thing that all great trial lawyers focus on in the courtroom? Connection with the jury.
Train and Connect with the Titans
☑️ The Art of Outsmarting Trial Skills Summit with Keith Mitnik November 29-30, 2023, email Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the link to register.
☑️ TLUBEACH.com June 5 - 8, 2024
☑️ TLU On Demand Instant access to live lectures, case analysis, and skills training videos
- How to strategically frame your client’s pain so that the jury can “carry the torch of justice for you” in deliberations
- How to effectively conduct negotiations with the defense on high-low agreements
- Getting to know Keith Mitnik
- How integrity, tenacity, managing fear, and “equilibrium” are the keys to being a champion trial lawyer
- Keith’s advice to young lawyers on how to accelerate growth as a trial lawyer
- Why connection with the jury is everything in the courtroom
Produced and Powered by LawPods
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy