Manage episode 340235336 series 42508
“Politics makes people stupid,” says James, an outspoken critic against buying into skyrocketing college tuition fees.
James attended Cornell and has finished paying back his loans. Robyn chose not to go to college and pursued an entrepreneurial lifestyle. The two of them now have five college-aged children. Jay went to a private college but, as a foreign national, wasn't eligible for federal student aid.
Today, our non-partisan co-hosts dissect the Biden administration's decision to cancel up to $20,000 in federal student loans for qualified individuals.
- Robyn's new podcast: Moms and Stocks (04:54)
- Crypto fund fronted by Matt Damon accidentally refunds $10.5m to a woman instead of $100 (07:56)
- Is student debt forgiveness a moral hazard? (11:15)
- Is the taxpayer paying for the loan forgiveness? (13:40)
- Why Are Student Interest Rates Rising? - (18:01)
- Are colleges hedge funds with campuses? (19:19)
- Who is paying for the loan forgiveness? (21:29)
- Is the loan forgiveness fair or unfair? (23:25)
- Progressive vs. regressive taxation schemes (31:10)
- College enrollment rates based on household income (32:23)
Visit Notepd.com to read our idea lists & sign up to create your own!
My new book Skip the Line is out! Make sure you get a copy wherever books are sold!
Join the You Should Run for President 2.0 Facebook Group, where we discuss why you should run for President.
I write about all my podcasts! Check out the full post and learn what I learned at jamesaltucher.com/podcast.
Thank you so much for listening! If you like this episode, please subscribe to “The James Altucher Show” and rate and review wherever you get your podcasts:
Follow me on Social Media: