Manage episode 341485677 series 2807778
* It was my first live show with an audience
* People paid £14.06 for a ticket (thanks guys)
* Proceeds were donated to London Chinese Community Centre and the event raised just over £2K.
* Two amazing guests, John Li from Dumpling Shack and food writer and Takeaway book author Angela Hui shared a stage with me.
* There were raffle prizes (is it even an event if there's no raffle prizes? Asking for a friend, LOL).
Angela, John and I have all been brought up in our parents Chinese takeaway/restaurant and we share stories from behind the counter. It was heartwarming and personally for me, it felt like therapy. If only I knew there were more takeaway kids when I was growing up!!
This event is part of ESEAHM (East and Southeast Asian Heritage Month). Thanks to Besean for hosting this for the 2nd year running.
A few insta pages to check out!
Chinese Chippy Girl
London Chinese Community Centre
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.