Manage episode 364382997 series 52378
This month's episode is an interview with Cambridge Psychology professor Sander van der Linden, author of "Foolproof: Why Misinformation Infects Our Minds and How to Build Immunity." We discuss the important topic of how techniques like appealing to emotion contribute to the spread of misinformation. Dr. Campbell reflects on why this topic is important.
Links and References:
- Foolproof: Why Misinformation Infects Our Minds and How to Build Immunity by Sander van der Linden
- Sander van der Linden, Phd (University of Cambridge)
- Learn more via video games at https://inoculation.science/
- Please visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additional references and episode transcripts.
Announcements: Please take a few minutes to complete this audience survey.
- The mobile app has been updated and is now called Brain Science Podcast. The app is free and MyLibsyn Premium subscribers can use it to access transcripts and other premium content.
- Dr. Campbell's move to New Zealand has been delayed, but she hopes to be in Auckland by July 2023. Please reach out if you live in New Zealand or Australia.
- Please subscribe or follow Brain Science in your favorite audio app and please share it with others.
- Get free gift "5 Things You Need to Know about YOUR Brain when you sign up for the free Brain ScienceNewsletter to get show notes automatically every month. You can also text brainscience to 55444 to sign up.
- Check out the Brain Science podcast channel on YouTube
- Support Brain Science by buying Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell, MD. (Autographed copies are available)
- Learn more ways to support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
Connect on Social Media:
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org