Manage episode 322282180 series 3291813
In part two of our fifth and final class, we finalize the discussions had in the mentorship so far by answering questions about customer service, curriculum, branding, puppy evaluation, medication, and more. One of the points that we stress several times today is that this program is not about training puppies, but rather about empowering them to handle any situation they may encounter when they leave our facility. We speak about how best to showcase the development of your puppies and keep clients up to date with videos and pictures uploaded to platforms like YouTube and Flickr. This class covers the best ways to respond to many difficult behaviors such as bullying, avoidance, hyperactivity, and fear. We double down on previous points about exposing puppies to different people while also addressing some considerations around hygiene and medication for worms and other illnesses. Toward the end of the class, we talk about the centrality of good customer relations from a branding perspective and also speak to the many features you can expect from our app when it gets released. So, thank you all for joining us and we wish you all the best in your journey as Empowered Badass Breeders going forward!
Key Points From This Episode:
- How to keep clients up to date with videos and photos shared via YouTube and Flickr.
- Getting puppies through obstacle courses by empowering, not enabling.
- How many days a week to do curriculum and what activities have to be done every day.
- Practicing switching drives without the use of treats and rewards.
- Getting the puppies used to different sounds with movies and music.
- The importance of exposing puppies to different people.
- Jeanette's perspective: she provides puppies with a foundation, rather than training them.
- Dealing with a fearful litter by not pairing the parents again, matching with the right owners, and more.
- How to deal with spun-up puppies by avoiding water bottles and enforcing timeouts.
- What to do when puppies display bullying behavior: more timeouts!
- Gauging avoidant behavior and getting puppies out of their shell by changing their environments.
- Common illnesses and the ins and outs of Jeanette’s protocol for medication.
- Keeping hygiene levels high by cleaning poop off of objects that different litters use and more.
- Branding tips around focusing on providing an excellent client experience and more.
- Overcoming your insecurities and showcasing the moments you spend with your puppies.
- Tips for converting leads and growing your program: constantly check your email!
- The importance of connections and what it takes to bring your program to the next level.
- How to keep learning after this course ends by accessing Jeanette’s online content.
- The features of the app Jeanette is releasing and how it will make breeding much easier.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: