Rob Schwartz (TBWA New York) chats about advertising in a post-COVID world, why TikTok changes the game, and how all we need is love
Manage episode 311638559 series 3080477
Rob Schwartz, advertising maven and CEO of TBWA New York, joins Andrew for a follow-up to their pre-COVID conversation that started this season of Sounds and Vision. This time, topics include how the pandemic may alter the worlds of marketing and advertising, why the industry needs to get its swagger back, how TikTok is diversifying the media playing field, what it means to be a ‘motorcycle dreamer,’ and how “All You Need Is Love” might be a better message going forward than “Street Fighting Man.”
- Rob Schwartz (Twitter)
- TBWA New York CEO Rob Schwartz: ‘I’m not a manager’
- Rob Schwartz: The Beatles Theory of Creative Career Management
- Sounds and Vision - S2E1 - Rob Schwartz (part 1)
- Graham Greene
- 7 Marketing Tips Mad Men Reminded Us Are Still Relevant
- What Makes Sammy Run?
- Why Americans Live Farther From Work Than They Did a Decade Ago
- COVID-sniffing dogs used at Black Keys concert
- The Rolling Stones - "Street Fighting Man" (Live in Nashville, October 9 2021)
- Travel Makes Us Whole Again | Marriott Bonvoy
- How COVID-19 Has Changed Marketing Forever
- The Velvet Underground (trailer)
- The Factory Factor: Andy Warhol and the Velvet Underground
- Andy Warhol: “We’re sponsoring a new band. It’s called the Velvet Underground.”
- Malcolm McLaren obituary
- How TikTok Is Just Beginning to Transform Advertising
- Slumdog Millionaire (trailer)
- Roll of the Dice – What's Between Chess and Backgammon?
- Easyriders Magazine
- GoPro: Road to Hana on a Motorcycle
- Who Was In The Rat Pack? Sinatra's Vegas Crew, Explained
- Mick Jagger and Princess Margaret? The Crown's Most Scandalous Secret
- Shoes like Jagger — how to wear trainers as a middle-aged man
- Paul McCartney Doesn’t Really Want to Stop the Show (New Yorker article)
- Paul McCartney Reflects on How His Late Mother Became His Greatest Muse
- The Rolling Stones - "Cool, Calm and Collected"
- The Rolling Stones - "100 Years Ago (Piano Demo)"
- Patek Philippe Celebrates 20 Years of Its Iconic Advertising Campaign
- Open Veins of Latin America by Eduardo Galeano
- "Do All the Good You Can; In All the Ways You Can …"
- Giving Really Is Better than Receiving
- The Beatles - "All You Need Is Love"
Andrew Loog Oldham’s Sounds and Vision is a partner of the Double Elvis podcast network. For more of the best music storytelling follow @DoubleElvis on Instagram or search Double Elvis in your podcast app.