Default Aggressive with Carlos Mendez of Echelon Front - Part 2
Manage episode 357765134 series 2988700
Join us on the Waste No Day Podcast as we dive into the world of leadership with Carlos Mendez, a consultant at Echelon Front. Carlos teaches the Four Laws of Combat and emphasizes the importance of building relationships and detaching from emotions in leadership. Learn about being "default aggressive" and how to manage emotions in difficult situations. In addition, Carlos shares personal tips and reflects on his experiences in the Navy and SEAL teams. Take advantage of this episode filled with valuable insights for leaders in any field.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect in this episode:
- The Four Laws of Combat and Echelon Front's approach to leadership
- Overcoming fear and the concept of being "default aggressive"
- Importance of personal protective equipment, relationship building, and risk reduction
- Lessons learned from Hell Week and their applicability to leadership in challenging situations
- Tips for managing emotions and avoiding emotional outbursts and reflecting on personal experiences
- And so much more!
About Carlos Mendez:
Carlos is a former Navy SEAL who started his Naval career as a medic with the Marines, where he completed two deployments. Upon completing BUD/s, he was assigned to SEAL Team One. He served as the medic, primary sniper, and point man and completed deployments to Southeast Asia, Iraq, Central America, and Afghanistan.
Carlos then served under Jocko as the lead instructor in teaching Close Quarter Combat for all the West Coast SEAL Teams. During his time there, Carlos was chosen for the prestigious Seaman to Admiral Program through which the SEAL Teams cut the member away to complete their undergrad degree and return as an officer. Former recipients of this award include Jocko Willink and Jonny Kim.
Connect with Carlos Mendez on…
Connect with Waste No Day!