Manage episode 376771290 series 1027947
Before we say goodbye to summer and pull on our flannels and break out the pumpkin spice, Tamara and Kim are back with a recap of Tamara's European summer travels including a month spent exploring France by river and barge cruise!
Tamara first spent two weeks in the United Kingdom, on a road trip through both Scotland and Wales with two other travel writers. She then took the Eurostar down to France and spent one week cruising through the Canal Nivernais on the Hotel Barge Elisabeth. Next, she went to Bordeaux and her husband joined her for a weeklong river cruise with AmaWaterways. Tamara finished up her summer of cruising with another canal barge cruise with European Waterways on the Canal du Midi in Southern France.
The Mavens break down the differences between river and barge cruising and what to expect on each.
Mentioned on the Podcast:
- 2 Days in Edinburgh itinerary
- Wales road trip itinerary
- Prettiest villages in Wales
- Cruising through Burgundy, France on the Hotel Barge Elisabeth
- Barge Lady Cruises - travel agency specializing in barge cruising
- Things to do in Bordeaux, France
- Guide to a Bordeaux river cruise with AmaWaterways
- European Waterways