Manage episode 332175170 series 2030630
Amy Webb (@amywebb) is an author and the founder and CEO of The Future Today Institute -- a leading foresight and strategy firm that helps leaders and their organizations prepare for complex futures. Her latest book is The Genesis Machine: Our Quest to Rewrite Life in the Age of Synthetic Biology.
What We Discuss with Amy Webb:
- Synthetic biology will change the world in three key areas: medicine, food, and the environment.
- How pandemics might be wiped out by engineering immunity to deadly diseases on demand before they have a chance to take hold. (Alternatively, how pandemics might be created by engineering new diseases against which we have no defense.)
- Forget waiting your turn on the donor list: we'll be able to print new vital, life-sustaining organs from scratch instead of relying on unpredictable supply.
- When we have the ability to resurrect extinct species, will we possess the wisdom to prudently decide what lives again and what stays dead forever?
- How meat can be grown from cells in labs without slaughtering animals and consuming the resources necessary to sustain them.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/687
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!