Manage episode 348009323 series 2032122
As a child, you were sexually abused by an older sibling, and you, in turn, abused your younger sibling. How can you overcome the guilt and shame you feel to repair your relationship with this person you've deeply hurt? We'll try to find an answer to this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/756
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- Some listener feedback about the butt-dialer situation from episode 732.
- As a child, you were sexually abused by an older sibling, and you, in turn, abused your younger sibling. How can you overcome the guilt and shame you feel to repair your relationship with this person you've deeply hurt?
- To your chagrin, the team lead in your old department — someone you consider a friend — wants you to keep helping out even though you've moved on to another position at the company. How do you navigate this without completely blowing up your friendship with this colleague?
- Your mother's guilt from cheating on your late father and contributing to the stress that killed him has given her an eating disorder and sapped her will to live. Is there anything you can do to bring her back from the brink?
- Can you be a high achiever in law school and work and still have time for family, friends, and the things you love?
- You were raised by a verbally and physically abusive mother, and grew up in an area where you were ethnically persecuted daily. As a result, you suffer from PTSD that therapy has only seemed to make worse, and you can't really seem to return the love you've been given in past relationships. Is it possible to find a balance between loneliness and happiness?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Miss our conversation with actor, producer, and Scientology survivor