Manage episode 330905487 series 2032122
Bill Browder (@Billbrowder) pioneered a brand-new market after the fall of The Iron Curtain while making powerful enemies — including Vladimir Putin. He is the author of Red Notice and Freezing Order: A True Story of Money Laundering, Murder, and Surviving Vladimir Putin's Wrath.
What We Discuss with Bill Browder:
- The real purpose of disinformation: not to convince you that it's presenting accurate facts, but to cast a seed of doubt over the credibility of the position it's opposing.
- How a timely tweet upon being arrested by potentially Russia-corrupted police officers in Spain may have saved Bill Browder's life.
- How the Magnitsky Act came about and what it does to sanction Russian human rights violators and kleptocrats.
- How the power of Interpol is regularly abused by genocidal policymakers to retrieve escaped prisoners from "safe" havens.
- Bill's thoughts on why Putin is making his move in Ukraine now, and what he hopes to accomplish there.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/681
See Jordan (with Ryan Holiday) Live in L.A. June 13th!: Go to jordanharbinger.com/tickets for more info
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!