Manage episode 330462881 series 2032122
Chris Voss (@VossNegotiation) is a former FBI hostage negotiator and author of Never Split the Difference: Negotiating as If Your Life Depended on It. He joins the show to discuss how we can be more effective negotiators by using hostage negotiation techniques.
What We Discuss with Chris Voss:
- The principles behind negotiation and emotional persuasion.
- Three types of negotiators you’ll encounter — The Analyst, The Assertive, and The Accommodator — and how to size them up.
- How to influence the way people size you up.
- Defusing negative emotions.
- Generating rapport in difficult situations.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/678
See Jordan (with Ryan Holiday) Live in L.A. June 13th!: Go to jordanharbinger.com/tickets for more info
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!