The Difference Between Branding and Marketing with Henry Sims
Manage episode 343000421 series 2385502
What's the difference between branding and marketing - and can they work together?
On today's episode, host Mark de Grasse sits down with Henry Sims from Sims Media to discuss the difference between branding and marketing. Henry firmly believes branding and marketing are two of the most important elements of any business. And although they are sometimes used interchangeably, they are not the same. For one, marketing is an action; it's what you say about yourself. On the other hand, branding is a perception; it's what people say about you when you're not in the room.
Nonetheless, branding should always come first because it's impossible to market a brand you are yet to design. Tune in to learn the difference between branding and marketing so you can communicate your message better.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- The difference between branding and marketing
- How branding and marketing can work together
- Emotional branding and how to use it effectively
- Personal versus business branding: Which comes first?
- The hook you need for your personal brand
- The benefits of having consistency in your brand messaging
- Marketing success metrics you should be measuring
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- 7 Levels of Scale Workbook
- Find out your Leadership Trust Score at Ready to Lead.
- Listen to the #1 Digital Marketing Podcast, Perpetual Traffic
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to The DigitalMarketer Podcast? Have some feedback you'd like to share? Connect with us on Apple Podcasts and leave us a review!
This Month's Sponsors:
- Conversion Fanatics - Conversion Rate Optimization Agency
- Get 50% Off Monthly Blog Writing Service - BKA Content
More Resources from Scalable
More Shows You'll Love
- Perpetual Traffic - The #1 podcast for learning paid traffic and improving your conversions!
- Business Lunch - Sit down every week some of the most successful people in the world. Hosted by Roland Frasier and Ryan Deiss
Mentioned in this episode:
[Free Download] DigitalMarketer's Canva Holiday Promo Pack
Grab These 195 Ready-To-Use Canva Templates For 5 Upcoming Holiday Promotions!