Manage episode 338296675 series 2989039
Do you want to meditate daily with me? Go to go.calm.com/onpurpose to get 40% off a Calm Premium Membership. Experience the Daily Jay. Only on Calm
We may not identify as a narcissist but unknowingly, we may have narcissistic traits that are off-putting to others and can lead to unpleasant and unfavorable situations. The same goes for the people who we have close relationships with that display narcissistic tendencies. It can become a struggle to be with them when they can only see themselves and think they’re above everyone else.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty shares the different signs and traits of a narcissist and what can we do to still have a pleasant and lasting relationship with them.
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:04 1 in 200 people has narcissistic personality disorder
- 05:27 Sign #1: They struggle to talk about others for too long
- 07:28 Sign #2: They crave attention
- 11:25 Sign #3: They don’t accept responsibility
- 12:20 Sign #4: They make you feel you’re wrong
- 18:27 Sign #5: They have superiority complex
- 19:50 Sign #6: Everything feels like a threat to them
- 21:04 Sign #7: They switch the conversation to themselves
- 22:01 Sign #8: Taking credit for everything
- 22:31 Sign #9: Reclaiming difficult moments as yours
- 25:00 Sign #10: Love bombing
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!