Manage episode 376302403 series 3469235
In this episode of NYC Academic Solutions, we delve into the crucial topic of forging effective parent-teacher relationships, which play a pivotal role in enhancing students' academic journeys. Our guest for today's episode is Rachel Wallace, a certified classroom teacher with extensive experience spanning Pre-K to high school. Rachel holds a bachelor's degree in elementary education and a master's degree in educational leadership. Her expertise lies in supporting English language learners, students with learning disabilities, and those with special needs. Rachel is also well-versed in the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
In this episode, we will discuss:
- What happens when parents don't cultivate relationships with teachers
- Barriers that prevent effective communication and relationship-building between parents and teachers
- How initiating things positively can make a nuanced yet impactful difference in your child's educational path
- Find out how teamwork between parents and teachers can enhance a child's drive, sense of responsibility, and ownership over their educational experience
- What really happens in parent-teacher conferences and why they are so crucial
- How parent-teacher collaboration can also benefit students who are excelling but seem disengaged
To book a session with Rachel, contact Team@BrooklynMathTutors.com
If you have questions for the host or would like to be a guest on the podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.