Manage episode 335562846 series 2809458
Yvette (they/she) is a somatic/movement psychotherapist focused on integrating the neurobiology of trauma into relational movement practices.
In this episode, Eryn and Yvette talk about:
- Yvette’s journey
- Their spiritual initiations
- Trying our actual selves on in spaces where we didn’t really know anyone
- How they went from wanting to be a nun to finding a more fluid & open spirituality
- Craving community with elders and decolonizing mentorship
- Retraumatization in spiritual communities
- Rooting into our power in healthy and helpful ways
- The role of somatics in our empowerment & disempowerment
- Not putting judgements on contraction or expansion
- Healing together in community
Blog for this episode: www.living-open.com/blog/yvette-lalonde
Connect with Eryn on their Instagram and check out moon sign, officially out everywhere! Join the waitlist to get updated when HOLY is back. Check out the Religious Trauma workbook.