Manage episode 305793220 series 52378
Neurologist and best-selling author Antonio Damasio is one of our most requested guests. This month we finally had the opportunity to talk about his newest book "Feeling & Knowing: Making Minds Conscious," which he explained is somewhat different from his previous efforts. His goal was to write something "briefer" and more accessible. Thus it is definitely a book that requires no background in neuroscience.
The key theme is that feelings and emotions are foundational aspects of Consciousness.
Links and References:
- Feeling & Knowing: Making Minds Conscious by Antonio Damasio
- Self Comes to Mind by Antonio Damasio (BS 90)
- Antonio Damasio, MD, PhD, Professor USC
- Twitter: @damasiousc
- Please visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additional references and episode transcripts.
Please Visit Our Sponsors
- Autographed copies of Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell, MD are now available. Email Dr. Campbell to learn more
- Check out the Brain Science podcast channel on YouTube for episode excerpts and summaries.
- Sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month. You can also text brainscience to 55444 to sign up.
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. (It's a great way to get both new episodes and premium content.)
- Learn more ways to support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
Connect on Social Media:
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org