Manage episode 240388779 series 52378
This month's episode is the beginning a four part series about the Neuroscience of Consciousness. This month I am discussing and comparing the ideas from several recent books on the subject in preparation for several upcoming interviews on the subject. Many people consider consciousness to be the biggest mystery of all, but in this episode we explore how progress has been made in unraveling the ultimate "mystery of how our brain makes us human."
Books featured in BS 160 (listed in the order cited):
- Consciousness and the Brain: Deciphering How the Brain Codes Our Thoughts by Stanislas Dehaene (2014)
- The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning, and the Universe Itself by Sean Carroll (2016)
- The Strange Order of Things: Life, Feeling, and the Making of Cultures by Antonio Damasio (2018)
- From Bacteria to Bach and Back: The Evolution of Minds by Daniel C. Dennett (2017)
- Consciousness Demystified by Todd E. Feinberg, MD and Jon M. Mallatt, PhD
Links and References:
- Please visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additional references and episode transcripts.
- Please complete a brief Audience Survey.
- Send email to email@example.com or post voice feedback at http://speakpipe.com/docartemis.
- To win an Amazon gift certificate: post a review of Brain Science in iTunes and send me a screenshot.
- Learn about Premium Content at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
- Learn about Dr. Campbell's new coaching efforts at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/coaching
- Sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month.
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows.
Connect on Social Media:
Please Visit This month's sponsors: