Manage episode 329986333 series 185
We've got an Android TV review of a panel that has gone through its growing pains much like the Pixel 6 has. But we've got more Wear OS news to get through first. Plus, news about news on the Android Police podcast.
1:52 | I think this is Ara's third week in a row (barring I/O) where she's been on about watches and apps. I mean, she's excited for them, thank god.
- Google Assistant is rolling out for the Samsung Galaxy Watch4, at long last
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4 is getting a One UI Watch beta next month
- Here's one reason why the Pixel Watch might remind you so much of the Apple Watch
- Google Pixel 6 cases are aging just about as well as a glass of milk
19:39 | Will is giving Android TV some love this week. It's also overdue.
- Google TV multi-user profiles are just now finally starting to arrive
- TCL 6-series TV review: The perfect TV for that PS5 you still can't buy
36:58 | Jules talks about how Google is forced to pay news publishers under a new law in Australia and what's to come as the U.K. prepares to consider similar leverage.
- Google seems to be panicking as its free news empire starts to crumble around it
- Google letting News Showcase readers break through paywall at partner publishers
- Facebook showdown with Australian government and local media (ABC Media Watch, YouTube)
- Follow up coverage (ABC Media Watch, YouTube)
- Former Australian competition bureau chief on the future of bargaining law he spearheaded (The Guardian)
Daniel should be back next week (whee!)
Reach out to us - firstname.lastname@example.org