Johnny Marr (Part 1) talking about the early recordings of the Smiths and the Stones and his book "Set the Boy Free"
Manage episode 311013370 series 3080477
Check out the Sounds and Vision podchat, audio/visual shownotes. Each link will bring provide listeners with a reference to a point with what Johnny and Andrew discussed in the podchat.
- Charly García
- Bob Marley in the studio
- Mott the Hoople - "All The Young Dudes"
- T. Rex - "Hot Love"
- John Porter: From The Smiths To The Blues
- Johnny Marr is shining brighter than ever before - GQ Magazine
- Terence Donovan
- Mary Quant
- Johnny Marr - Call The Comet (2018 album)
- The Shangri-Las
- Lou Adler on producing Carole King's Tapestry
- Peggy Lee & George Shearing - Beauty and the Beat! (overdubbed "live" album)
- Regent Sounds
- The Rolling Stones - "Tell Me"
- Mick Rock
- Shadow Morton
- Redbird Records
- Jerry Dammers: How The ‘Devil’s Chord’ Split The Specials
- The Smiths - "Hand In Glove" (early version)
- Johnny Marr - Set the Boy Free (autobiography)
- 25x5: The Continuing Adventures of the Rolling Stones
- Allen Klein
- Frank Sinatra in the studio
- The Man With The Golden Arm
- Joe Smith
- Qwest Records
- The MINI Cooper Countryman
- Downtown Detroit's essential architecture: A walking tour
- Mitch Ryder - "When You Were Mine"
- Motown Museum | Home of Hitsville U.S.A.
- Rolling Stones - Bright Lights Big City (bootleg demos album)
- Glyn Jones
- Rolling Stones - "You Can't Catch Me On"
Andrew Loog Oldham's Sounds and Vision is a partner of the Double Elvis podcast network.
For more of the best music storytelling follow @DoubleElvis on Instagram or search Double Elvis in your podcast app.