Manage episode 339048511 series 52378
This month's episode is an interview with Batja Mesquita, author of "Between Us: How Cultures Create Emotions." This is an important book because it describes the evidence that Emotions are not just something people experience "from the inside out," but they also occur between people, which means that culture plays a critical role. We also explore why it is important to appreciate why people from from different cultures may experience emotions in surprisingly different ways.
Links and References:
- Between Us: How Cultures Create Emotions by Batja Mesquita
- Follow her on Twitter: @batjamesquita
- How Emotions Are Made: The New Science of the Mind and Brain by Lisa Feldman Barrett (BS 135)
- Please visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additional references and episode transcripts.
Please Visit Our Sponsors:
- Contact Dr. Campbell if you are interested in organizing a listener meet-up or talk by Dr. Campbell during her trip to Europe in April 2023.
- Get free gift "5 Things You Need to Know about YOUR Brain when you sign up for the free Brain ScienceNewsletter to get show notes automatically every month. You can also text brainscience to 55444 to sign up.
- Check out the Brain Science podcast channel on YouTube
- Support Brain Science by buying Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell, MD. (Autographed copies are available)
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. (It's a great way to get both new episodes and premium content.)
- Learn more ways to support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
Connect on Social Media:
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: email@example.com